I'm in the cabin now. Very peaceful place, elemental style of living. I depend on the fireplace for heat at night. I've mainly been splitting firewood for my keep so far.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Saturday, May 19, 1984
Sunday, May 6, 1984
I applied for the summer caretaker position at U.M. Saginaw Forest cabin. They gave me the spot, so I'll be moving into the cabin this week. I'll keep my UM apartment, pay rent on it through the summer but live in the cabin for free (4 hours of yard work per week is the only stipulation for living there.)