First tour around the lake on the lake...
Many crosscountry skiers skirt the edge likewise. Found a boat aground in a small alcove near the pond by Gelmans... Kurt Byers craft??
Picked up trash ... including a pipe dropped by log across from cabin ... used to smoke marijuana?
9 holes in ice due to icefisherman... Recovered a beer can on ice 3/4 full ... real class act!
Put temporary box out front awaiting replacement. Post office will NOT deliver without a box AND will not deliver to you at the post office.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Friday, January 3, 1986
Wednesday, January 1, 1986
R.Boyle: Arrived here from Christmas Break circa midnight, missed the turn to the entrance by missing the mailbox as a marker.
In morning, discovered that the county snowplows neatly removed both the mailbox and the Ann Arbor News box.