The minnow traps are in place again.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Sunday, February 16, 1986
Friday, February 14, 1986
Sunday, February 9, 1986
Escorted 2 men off ice due to icefishing. Both mid 30's, white ... left via Gelman side fo lake thru broken segment of fence.
They claimed that a University Professor game them the O.K. to be out here! (Whose name I never heard and have promptly forgotten.)
While booting them out, I noticed 4 minnow traps in placein the lake ice! The fishermen came along as I pulled them out. They were amid holes ~ bushel basket size, evidently cut sometime yesterday... 1/2 of ice had formed over the holes. After yanking the last one out, I noted a label...
"Peter Yost, U.Mich. Museum Zoology" I reported to Paul Kamprath... Lets wait + see!
Friday, February 7, 1986
Saturday, February 1, 1986
(RRB) => Found two men icefishing on the lake
(mid 30's, #1 white, bearded, #2 black, no beard)
They left via East end of Lake and went to their hechicle parked in the Gelman lot.
[Black/dark Green Chev. Pickup ...]
I herded them up there at a distance and entered Gelmen to report this incident to security.