Fire extinguishers checked by public safety.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Friday, July 13, 1990
Saturday, July 7, 1990
Wednesday, July 4, 1990
5 hr. Repaint loft ceiling, finish constructing rail in loft, paint rail.
Yesterday (7/3) arrived at noon to find the willow tree by the lake draped in white fabric with a nude woman posed against it being photographed. I suggested to the couple that some visitors might find this offensive + they packed up and left - promising to "be more discreet" in the future.