Caught 3 men icefishing on 3rd Sister Lake (near NW shore) at 2:30 AM! They said it was good fishing.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Sunday, January 26, 1992
Tuesday, January 7, 1992
Problem persists. Called MI Bell again, they sent someone out in late afternoon who found damaged + exposed cable in the parking area near the gate. He spliced it out + made arrangements to hone the entire cable from the gate to the cabin replaced.
Monday, January 6, 1992
At 1st MI Bell could find no problem with line, then they fried again + did find problems. They sent a repairman (E.R.) who checked the cable + found damage. Someone else spliced out a bad section of the cable near the telephone pole on Liberty Rd.