- Scrubbed + scraped walls in preparation for touch-up painting w/ white latex enamel.
- Cleaned cabinet under sink - it was unbelievably filthy!
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, September 25, 1990
Saturday, September 22, 1990
Thursday, September 20, 1990
3 1/4 hrs + 4 3/4 hrs = 8 hrs → Finished 1st coat of lemon ice + began 2nd coat.
4 hrs → mowed lawn → used scythe on edges of lawn that had not been cut all summer → especially near Dr. Hehman's boat, and on the SW portion of the lawn near the old cart w/potted geranium. Also cut off line branch on recently dawned box elder (just E of 2 willows near lake) so could mow lawn in that area. Raked areas with a lot of sod + stems lying in clumps.
Wednesday, September 19, 1990
Tuesday, September 18, 1990
Sunday, September 16, 1990
Friday, September 14, 1990
Thursday, September 13, 1990
- Road graded
- Water heater still not working
- Dr. Hehman's limnology class was out on lake w/several boats ~3PM → he asked if I could replace the lock that was broken off chain by city (?) when S.L. was away during last 3 weeks of August.
- 1/2 hour: Checked main roads → no trees down.
- 7 hrs: More scraping, stripping, sanding, + washing.
- bought lock for boat + 5 copies of keys.
Wednesday, September 12, 1990
Tuesday, September 11, 1990
Sunday, September 9, 1990
I (P.S.) move in + S.L. moves out. Decide to do much painting + scraping in cabin before moving my stuff in from the barn.
- scraped cement floor, removed large, smelly rug
- cleaned windows, window sills, + walls + shower
- cleaned trash out of streambed near lakeshore