40' → My Dad + I sharpened blade of lawnmower → it was exceedingly difficult to remove the center bolt on the blade. Sharpening should helped a great deal, but blade is so worn that it should probably be replaced within the next year.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Sunday, August 18, 1991
Wednesday, August 14, 1991
Wednesday, August 7, 1991
Encountered 2 security (U.M.) persons walking up road to front gate (they left their car parked in front of the gate) → nothing wrong, they were just checking on things because of several recent reports of theft from autos parked by the gate → they will be patrolling SF more frequently in the future.