3.6 hrs --> mowed lawn --> grass 5" tall & very thich in places. Moles are becoming quite a problem & there are now at least 25 dirt mounts from their burrowing activities. I also trimmed grass around posts, firepit, wagon, & house with hedge clippers, and pulled all weeds out of fire pit.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, June 18, 1991
Sunday, June 16, 1991
Arrived back at SF after 9-day hiking trip to the Great Smoky Mts. A huge pile of branches, boards, & logs was in front of the gate - I could barely drive by it. Spent an hour slinging all the wood into surrounding forest & sorted out & disposed of all non-biodegradable trash within the pile. The gall of some people continues to amaze me.