2 1/2 hrs → mowed lawn + weeded fire pit.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, July 23, 1991
Saturday, July 6, 1991
Thursday, July 4, 1991
A rather quiet day considering that it's a holiday. Picked about 2 1/2 qts. of black raspberries in an hour - the raspberry seas. is nearing its end after 2 weeks of heavy bearing. M + I have picked 11 pts. so far, but could easily have picked 80-100 qts. if we went every day + picked everything (+ if we could tolerate the hordes of mosquitoes lurking among the brambles). Saw a groundhog run up a leaning tree - a 1st for me. I walked to within 2' of it and could have touched it if I'd wanted to.
Spent 1 hr. on N. end of lake cleaning the loop path/road of small threes that had fallen over the past 4-5 weeks.
Wednesday, July 3, 1991
3 1/2 hours → mowed lawn grass → 5" tall + really thick in places. Moles are becoming quite a problem → there are now at least 25 dirt mounds from their burrowing activities. I also trimmed grass around posts, fire pit, wagon, + house with hedge clippers, and pulled all weeds out of fire pit.