1 AM → discovered taht between 6PM (when walked to gate) and 12 PM (when Marni drove up) on 4/29 someone had knocked mailbox off its post, had smashed a vodka bottle against the gate, and had pulled a long shagbark hickory (1 going along road ~50 yards N. of gate) across the main road to obstruct it. Reported this vantalism to secruity + they came out this afternoon to take a report. (Report #XX-XXXX)
Spent 45' to replace mail box on post (cut a new baseboard). Post is cracked on strut & a little wobbly, but should be OK unless someone tries to knock it down again.
[April 29 → spent 45' walking around property and picking up trash]
2.5 hrs → mowed the lawn for the 1st time this season & repaired recoil mechanism on motor (which was supposedly repaired by A2 Implements earlier in April!)
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, April 30, 1991
Thursday, April 18, 1991
Monday, April 15, 1991
Monday, April 8, 1991
1 hr → Chopped a wind-thrown Prunus avium that fell onto main drive into 4 long sections & rolled them out of the way. Despite my best precautions, I got a nasty case of poison ivy from the thicket like growth surrounding the entire length of the tree.
2 hrs → Minor repair work on screens, frames & screen door on cabin porch.