Osprey hunting over the lake!
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, September 26, 1989
Saturday, September 23, 1989
Thursday, September 21, 1989
Wednesday, September 20, 1989
Who's Mac + what are his cottonwoods? [Printed on a business card:]
I was by with another alum
to check out the forest +
look at my cottonwood
cuttings across the lake.
Hummingbird still around on Salvia.
Great Blue still roosting in willow along lake.
Screech owl calling after dusk.
Strange car drove in after midnight, turned around + left? Who? Why? I was in bed.
Sunday, September 17, 1989
Saturday, September 16, 1989
Friday, September 15, 1989
Thursday, September 14, 1989
Tuesday, September 12, 1989
Monday, September 11, 1989
Friday, September 8, 1989
Meeting w/ B. Murphy. Developer next door has promised to move the perm and dam on our property, and to contain run-off/erosion! We'll see. BM has sense the Univ. will now move on the outhouse problem. She & Charlie want me to start warning people illegally parked at the gate & call sheriff to begin ticketing. Liability problems -- at least potentially.
How does anybody use the forest?
Thursday, September 7, 1989
Wednesday, September 6, 1989
Tuesday, September 5, 1989
Monday, September 4, 1989
6 hr. Drywalling & plastering in loft.
Cut up box elder left in front of barn.
More work on the porch - adding railing to keep dogs from going through the screen.
Beautiful Labor Day. Lots of people in the forest & many coming by the cabin.