30 min. collecting picked GM.
We have decided to put GM out in the trash each week, since if composted, the seeds will survive. Gobs of it are stacked in the barn. Eventually we might burn some of it in the campfire pit.
3 hrs chainsawing downed trees across lake. Finally cleared out rest of huge mess.
Pounded in sign stake across lake.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.