60 minutes - put up a new "no swimming" sign on the north side of the lake.
We'll see if someone takes it down. - I won't be surprised if so.
Went for a walk and on the SE portion of trail that crosses driveway, we heard then saw a small owl. We did not recognize the call - it flew to a couple different branches when it noticed we had spotted it. It was only about 8-9" tall.
After referencing bird book, we see that it is either: saw-whet or Eastern screech.
UPDATE: Confirmed as saw-whet; its call does NOT sound like an Eastern screech.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.