One of the costs of living where I do is the possibility of a vehicle knocking down my mailbox. It hasn't happened for several years (according to the records), however, the chance remains. Well, at some point during the snows of the past week, it happened: a vehicle knocked down the post and mailbox. I was able to recover the semi-flattened mail box itself, but the post upon which it sat and possibly some mail that was in the box, lie under the packed snow of the ditch.
I'll have to go to the post office to report this and ask them to hold my mail until it is fixed.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.