I left the gate open today, because I knew that UPS would be trying to deliver a package. At about 3pm, I got a visit from a DTE meterman; an additional bonus. At 3:45, the UPS delivery truck came bumbling and jangling and bouncing down the driveway.
I guess they do come out here after all. (It's a nice thing to know, since I don't like having to try to get out to the UPS station way out in Ypsi, especially if I have to ride a bike or if the package is too big to carry easily on a bike, even with panniers.)
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.