So Thursday night didn't bring any major amounts of snow on Friday morning, but it did lay down a nice little layer of ice underneath the few inches of snow that did come. It made shoveling more of a chore than I had wanted.
And last night it dipped down to around 6F, which made going out this morning a wee bit nippy. Still, I guess this winter is turning out to be more "winter-like" thank last year. (Of course, the forecast says that mid-day Sunday through 10PM on Monday will be above freezing, with much of Sunday night bringing rain, so it might again be "bye-bye snow," I fear.)
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.