Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Mowed half the lawn
Ahead of the (inevitable) August, I decided to start cutting the lawn. Just mowed about 1/2 of it this evening to the maximum height; there's too much growth to cut it down too much without clogging up the mower. Saw a vole run out from the tall grass to escape the mower. I also uncovered lots of vole tunnels in the tall grass. Ah well.