Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And now a turkey, too!

I'll admit, the first time I'd seen wild turkeys is when I was doing fieldwork in western Michigan, on the Muskegon River. We were driving to the DNR field station just off of Maple Island Road, and as we were driving down the dirt road to the station, there came a small flock of turkeys, running across the road. (Why did the turkey cross the road?) They didn't fly off, and we hypothesized that they might have been escapees from a nearby turkey farm.

However, the one this morning ran away and then flew off shortly after I took this photo.

1 comment:

  1. ha! I made fun of Hans the first time he suggested that he saw a wild turkey in Saginaw. Later, I finally believed him, and now here's the evidence.

    ReplyDelete