Thanks to all the bricks laying about from the 2000-2002 renovation of the S.T. Dana building, I utilised roughly one pallet to make paths that would otherwise be rather muddy during the springs. Over time, I hope that these will settle into the pathways and be more stable than they are now. Next thing to do is to consolidate multiple small piles of bricks into a single larger one.
I am also tempted to try and figure out a way of making nicer patterns out of the bricks, and also figuring out whether or not my circular saw can be used to cut broken bricks to fill in the spaces between the different paths...
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.