A massive front is moving through, and it dumped a lot of rain, pushed a lot of wind, and kicked up a lot of lightning.
Looking over to the outdoor light, you can see just how much wind was kicking through here. It's quite likely that I'll have to cut out a tree tomorrow -- one that has fallen across the path due to this wind.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.