Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
More drilling in the forest
Over the next few weeks, there will be more drilling for monitoring wells will be taking place in Saginaw Forest. The location of this drilling will be on the path leading to the north loop trail. During this time, it would really help if forest users use the foot path that circles around the drilling operation.