After near-record high temperatures for St. Patrick's Day last week, this week's weather have been on the very low end of the temperature record, with highs barely reaching over freezing. Still, almost all of the snow melted over the previous week, and most of the melt-water has trickled through toward the lake, which became open waters about two days ago.
Today is Visit Day at the school, and the weather is likely not going to be playing to our favor today. But it's Michigan, folks: sometimes it's still freezing cold at the end of March.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.