Drilling is going to commence (finally, since the snow and ice is now effectively melted) near to where it was done last August. This time, the well will be drilled using a different technique than before, thus (hopefully) speeding the process up a bit.
Also (at some point during the spring/summer), the boardwalk along the eastern property line of the forest will be built, and a path connecting the south and north sides of the eastern edge of Third Sister Lake will be complete. This will create three loop trails in the property (as well as any combination thereof).
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.