I was chopping wood for (future) firewood, and I stumbled with one chop, and thump! it went onto my foot, puncturing my shoe. Oh, shit. I took off my shoe (which was perforated) and checked the sock: no cut there and no obvious bleeding, but it kinda hurt. Still, I finished chopping up the wood (more carefully), brought it back to the barn, piled it in the barn, and walked back to the house.
Taking off my sock, I noticed that the skin was split where the axe hit it. Luckily the cut wasn't any stronger!
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.