Woot! The contractors came out today to fix the shower drain. First they had to find the blame thing, and - after digging down about three feet in a rough estimate of where it would be, they found the line. After cutting out a piece, it was pretty obvious that the drain problem was due to ... [drum roll] ... lime buildup. They ran a jetter along a pencil-line (i.e., a thinner line), because it was needed to enter a 1-1/2" pipe.
After jetting out the calcium build-up, the pipe was cleaned out, and all that was needed was a coupling to repair the cut section, and then I had a perfectly draining shower.
Luckily, we now know where the line is located (and a good idea where the drainage cistern is located, too), which will mean that it will make it easier to take care of similar problems that may arise in the future.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.