One corner of my compost "bin" has sunk due to soil settling. The location of the compost "bin" was almost immediately on top of where the hole was dug for accessing the shower drain line, and so it's not surprising that the soil has settled since that time (especially now that it went through a freeze-thaw cycle).
I'll have to fix it by putting in more soil in the area. Hopefully, that will let me keep the "bin" in that same location, since moving it (again) will be a real pain.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.