The Canada geese have returned to the area. Now all I have to do is keep them off the lawn, since I'm not a big fan of walking through goose droppings.
Usually, running at them while clapping loudly is enough to shoo them into the lake, and after a few days of this routine, they are usually content to not walk around the lawn, and I'm content in not having to deal with large goose droppings.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.