Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Haha! Good one.

So yesterday I noticed that several of the signs saying dogs must be leashed were pulled out of the ground and tossed off in the woods.

I'm having a difficult time understanding what this person was trying to accomplish. A) good soul, you left more than you pulled B) if your goal was to argue that having no signs meant the rule was nonexistent, you'll be very disappointed to hear that it's actually city ordinance, which means that sign or no, THEMS THE BREAKS. And now, I'm just less likely to be nice about it.

My dog is on a leash. Your dog must be on a leash. This is not only for your pet's protection, and that of other users, but also for those doing research in the forest. All it takes is your dog chasing one squirrel to end some poor PhD student's work. You don't want me thinking you are an irresponsible pet owner, do you? I don't know how you could live with that judgement.

The signs are back up. Should you continue to take them down, I will continue to put them up (they were not difficult to trace. Following your trail was as easy as following an elephant's, homie). And I will continue to enforce the rule.

Have a great day!

1 comment: