Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Popping up like Daisies

On Sunday I played teacher to a small group of Daisy Scouts.

I was both excited and mortified.

Feeling A) What could be more fun than a nature hike and talking about trees? I do it everyday, except I only get to talk about it to myself. Or the dog, but I don't think he's listening. It's great to halt some of that hermit behavior and blab your stream of tree consciousness to someone else.
Feeling B) Part of me was worried that I was broken from working too much with children in the past from all the crazy they laid on me.

GOOD NEWS, it's fun again!

With the exception of one young tyke that kept asking when it was going to be over, everyone seemed to enjoy it. As to be expected, almost everything I said went in one ear and out the other, but I made certain that they all remembered my favorite tree.

Many leaf collections were made. One boot fell off. Kids ask interesting questions.

Looking forward to future meetings and changes with the barn and the house. Things are moving along.

No comments:

Post a Comment