Looks like some new development plans for Saginaw's neighbor: http://www.mlive.com/business/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/01/176-home_subdivision_proposed.html
The woods are already bordered by quite a bit of development and impervious surface. This has been detrimental to the creek that runs through the property. New development might lead to new problems in these parts.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.