Happy New Year!
After having the flu for the first half of the break, Leto and I are now fully enjoying vacation in the woods.
Despite all the snow, deadfall has not, thus far, been an issue as of late. We'll see after this weekend when another foot piles on to everything we already have!
The trails have been extremely popular with the cross country skiing crowd, and we've been getting in on the action with some skijouring. The whole wood has been beautiful, calm, and peaceful under this blanket of snow. I haven't seen a winter this good since elementary school. I feel very grateful to have it now, my first winter in the cabin. And no, that was not meant to be in the least bit sarcastic. It really is a joy!
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.