Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cleaning the fire pit

Since the weather was so nice today -- and because I had other work that I had to do -- I decided to spend some time cleaning the campfire pit of some of the ash that had accumulated over the years (maybe decades) since it's last cleaning-out. The photos don't really do justice to the amount of ash I pulled out of the pit (five wheelbarrow-fulls) and spread out across the grounds. Although I didn't shovel out all of the ashes, I think I got at least 3/4 of what was in there. The level of ash is more than one foot lower than it was earlier, and so the danger of building a fire that will roll out of the pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment