I will be posting transcriptions from the caretaker's book. The entries go back to December of 1985. I don't know if there is a book for actions before December of 1985, but in any case, I don't have any of them, so they can't be posted here.
Not all of the comments from the past will be posted; only those that are interesting and insightful as to what goes on as the caretaker of Saginaw Forest.
NOTE: All of the posts will be back-dated to the date on which they were written in the book, so check the posting history for the periodic updates from the past (or choose the "from the records" Label).
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.