There have been many storms this weekend. Short storms that blow through with some rain (not usually a lot), but a lot of wind. They last about ten to thirty minutes and are gone again, disappearing so quickly that you might wonder - if it weren't for the raindrops and the smell of wet grass and dust in the air - that it ever was there in the first place. Still, I know the storms happened -- a tree fell in the woods, and I was there to hear it.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.