There's already a couple of inches of the white powder on the ground, and up to five more to come over night. Originally, an EMU limnology class was supposed to come out to Saginaw Forest this week, but due to the weather, they will be postponing their trip and will come next week, instead.
The plows are supposed to come tomorrow morning - hopefully after all this storm is over. It looks like I might be snowbound today...
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.