Round two of winter: snowfall again after a brief reprieve from the stuff during the latter half of January. I just called the plows to come out -- hopefully they will be able to clear the road and turn-around today.
In the first instance of snow, I didn't call them in and it eventually turned into trampled ice that stayed around longer than I would like. Therefore, now, whenever there is more than a dusting of snow, I will call in the plows. It makes the road much safer for any researcher, class, or delivery vehicle which doesn't have heavy-duty ice-and-snow-ready tires.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.