While not a blizzard, the snow continues to fall on the forest. It's a little reminder of the continued presence of winter -- much of last week was spent just above thawing, and large patches of the area in front of the barn had become brown and melted out; the road was well on its way past slush and one could almost start thinking of spring. Now, there's several inches of powder, with no real let-up in sight.
I've called for the plows, but they don't appear to be able to get to me too quickly...
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.