Although last night was cloudy - and a little windy - with no rain, I awoke this morning with the patter-patter of rain on the roof. With a temperature of 45F, the rain isn't the drenching cold that normally might be coming down at this time of year. Unfortunately, I left my camera at a friend's house, so no photo of the rainy, spring morning.
There is greenery peeking out from under the brown leaves, and I even saw some daffodils poking up. Who knows... there might be some daffs for Easter weekend!
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.