Over the years, various caretakers have signed up for various catalogs, magazines, and samplers. While magazine subscription samples is one thing that was a bit of an interesting perk of the position, I must admit that - for me - all the women's clothing catalogs and women's interest magazines are not of that much interest to me.
When I picked up my mail this morning, though, I found a sample for a caretaker from roughly 10 years ago. A sample of what? Tampons and pads. For some reason, this package specifically addressed to a female former caretaker really made my morning.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.