Rain has been falling on Saginaw Forest since about sundown. The grass that was seeded just prior to the campfire event -- one month ago now -- still has not fully filled in. This is due (to a large part) to the cold, lowered amount and incidence of light as well as the lack of rain (I don't irrigate the lawn, nor do I have the means to do so).
This should help. (And it should help the UM-OSEH guy that I ran into earlier today who was checking on the growth of the grass along the pathway.)
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.