First, I want thank my friends (Y-J.S., C.J.F., and J.G.) who helped with the maintenance and looking after of the property in my short absence from the property. I wouldn't have been comfortable leaving the place alone without the knowledge that someone(s) would be looking after the place in my absence.
Second, when is winter going to come? I mean, it's mid-January; it shouldn't be raining and in the mid-40s... Ah well. It should cool down tomorrow.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.