At some point over the night, we got some snow! I awoke to the sound of the plow clearing away the snow from the road. If I had only woken up an hour earlier, I could have photographed a pristine blanket in front of the cabin. I don't know where the skiers are, but they are likely to come...
Also, with the really cold temperatures from Friday, Third Sister Lake has finally iced over. Whether, though, the ice is thick enough for a person to cross the lake is a different question, though. Still, it is getting (finally) to that time to start keeping an eye out for illegal ice fishing.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.