Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hey hey

Oops, sorry for not updating the last few weeks! I sit down at the computer with every intention of doing so, and then wind up getting distracted by all the other work left open on my desktop.

Just a gentle reminder, please pick up after your pets. Lots of poop piles around lately. Leto is on a leash and I have a bag ready, so I expect the same from every visitor!

Speaking of the fur-buddy, he learned a hard lesson about why we don't pounce on ground bee nests. Though he continues to try and eat bees as they buzz near his head.

There has been a steady stream of classroom visits since the semester started, and an interesting range of subjects. I wish I had the time to sit in on some of them!

Some of the work going on lately: clearing out several years of accumulated oddities on the porch (so many bottle caps...), and reinforcing the screening to protect it from the dog. Also, locating and moving a candidate log for SNRE campfire! Although not an easy task, retrieving one from the opposite side of the lake made things somewhat simpler and significantly more fun.

Ah, romantic evening with Log.
Oh, my husky is a sailor!
The color change is starting, and it's marvelous. I love sitting on the dock and taking it in.


All day everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment