Last week's messy weather brought a number of trees down (including a whopper in the driveway!), so Friday was a busy day with the axe and the chainsaw. I admit, it's fun. Nothing makes you feel like Paul Bunyan more than swinging an axe. Paula Bunyan.
On Friday, a photojournalist from the Ann Arbor News/MLive came and followed me around while I worked and such. Guess there will be a photo essay about it coming up soon. It was a little strange trying to act normal when someone was snapping pictures. I'll probably look really sheepish in all of them.
Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.