Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Clearing the front lawn

Under other conditions, I would normally allow the grass clippings to break down in place, but due to the massive amount of clippings - after all, I chopped it down from 4 or 5 inches down to 1 inch - and also due to the remnants of clippings from the last time I mowed the entire lawn (which cut the grass down from more than a foot - the lawn is a bit patchy. In other words, sometimes the grass clippings are just too thick to allow for a quick enough decomposition to be beneficial to the underlying grass.

What will I do with the clippings I don't really know right now. I'm drawing it onto the drive to dry out as much as possible, and I'll probably use it as mulch for other places on the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment