Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
About two hours later, the area with the tall grass is tan... Hopefully it will quickly grow back into green, just because that area right now it looks like a photo of grain country (taken from a plane).
(Am I just dehydrated when I say that, or do I have an active imagination when I'm physically exhausted?)