Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Third Sister Lake in the morning after a rain
On my way out of the forest, I noticed that the wind and rain forced a black maple down across the east trail, necessitating me to return to the barn, pull out one of the pole-saws, and fell that tree completely.
Since that particular tree was only fifty or so yards away from the clearing, I dragged it back in order to chop it into firewood. It currently is lying in front of the barn, looking exactly like what it is: 20-odd feet of maple tree that was dragged through the forest.