Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Cool and misty morning
The morning of October 1, and there is a world of frozen dew and mist on the water. It's actually kinda cold outside, not surprising since it is still below freezing. Is the sound of Jackson Road and I-94 actually getting louder, or is that just what I'm expecting to happen as the leaves continue to fall? I don't actually know...
Last night, I was also wondering if Saginaw Forest is in a flight path for Ann Arbor city airport, because I don't recall hearing so many airplanes when I was living in town. Of course, I can hear a lot more things while living out here, since the background noise level is so much lower than anywhere else that I have lived.