Use of the Forest
Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):
- No parking in front of the access gate.
- Public use hours are from 6am to 6pm only; no camping on the site!
- No vehicles or bicycles are permitted on the site except those for approved research and teaching use (bike parking available at the main gate).
- Dogs with owners are welcome to visit, but they must be on a leash. (Also see here.)
- Dog owners must carry out all pet waste; please bring your own doggie bag to do so.
- No cutting or collecting of plant material; no hunting or harming vertebrates (this includes no fishing).
- No smoking.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Updating past log entries: 1989
Updated the past caretaker log entries from August and September of 1989. Interestingly, there was an entry about the developers next door (to the east) offering "to move the berm and dam .. and contain erosion," something that the current Stream Restoration class is looking at in their work here.