Use of the Forest

Public use of Saginaw Forest is encouraged. Rules for the public's use include (but are not limited to):

Friday, December 4, 2009

Gas delivery

Gas deliveryThe gas delivery truck came this morning and delivered a top-up on the gas for the cabin. Thanks to the mild October and November, I hadn't had to turn on the furnace until a few weeks ago. So... not as much of an input as last year's was likely to have been.


A while back, I had a good idea of constructing some window inserts to fake double-glaze them for insulation purposes. I'm thinking two panes of plexiglass sandwiched between plys of a frame. Hopefully with that construction, I will be able to minimize the amount of heat-loss through the windows. Presently, the single-pane windows don't have too much in the way of caulking... And the weatherstripping around some of them haven't been replaced since I moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment